@ 2 months 4 weeks 1 day
Little b’s milestones. This is like 4 weeks late.
We brought lil b for his vaccines on the 10 April. These wereÂ what was recorded:
We were advised to feed lil b 2mls ofÂ Upthamol an hour before the scheduledÂ vaccines – Rotateg (oral) and 6 in 1 1st doseÂ (jab)Â for fear he may feel discomfort shortly after the jab. True enough, lil b developed a mild fever in the late afternoon so I fed him another dose of 2.5ml (now that he’s bigger)Â Upthamol. Besides spotting a fever, he was all his cheery self. No worries.
What we observed over the last 2 months +…
- still being breastfed and on formula (4oz).
- lil b is able to lift head up briefly when on tummy.Â However, Â just like his kor kor, lil b dislikes tummy time. He would fuss each time I lay him on his tummy.
- he started droolingÂ when he was about a month plus.Â These few weeksÂ he startedÂ blowing bubbles. At times, he blew so much bubbles until he chokes on his own saliva.
- startles easily especially in the afternoon. That is why he is such a light sleeper. Eventhough I use a beanie on him, it doesn’t seem to help much. It’s just like walking on egg shells.
- he’s able to follow object when we pass the item across his face.
- he’s able to turn his head both sides.
- I like to believe he’s able to recognise and love the sound of me because each time IÂ was nearby, he would readily attemptÂ to turn and look at me.
- able to smile back when we make stupid funny facesÂ or smile at him.
- coos a lot.
- able to respond by cooing when we talk to him. He can be really loud at that too.
- enjoys the cot mobile a lot (unlike his kor kor who never appreciated them).
- likes to stare at kor kor.
- likes to kick and moves his hands alot. It’s as if he never stops moving when he’s awake.
- last feed around 11pm, then 1am, 4am, 7am.Â On lucky days, he’ll doze off aroundÂ 9pm and wake up around 1am for his feeds, then 5am andÂ 8am.
- doesn’t really have a fixed nap schedule yet. Usually he’ll go back to zzz-land after his 7am feed until about 11am. He’ll take another short nap in the afternoon around 3pm followed by 6pm nap. Really have work on a more preditableÂ routine so I could gain more sanity.
- he’s starting to enjoy massage time
- He used to cry during spongingÂ before bed time. The crying was particularly badÂ during his first – second monthÂ but that gradually faded away. I guess now he’s more aware andÂ feel more secure of his surroundings.Â When he’s hungry or sleepy he’ll move his hands and arms, coos a lot for attention. Only when we ignore him for likeÂ 15Â - 30 minutes, he’ll cry. That’s how I get my extra beauty sleep in the morning. When he’s sleepy, he’ll cry with his eyes shut.Â
Overall, lil b is a very cheery baby. Just like his kor kor, he seldom cry. I’m not even sure if I had heard him scream for attention.Â ButÂ on occasion whenÂ he does cry, he would purse his lips and his cries areÂ usuallyÂ accompanied by a lot of tears rolling downÂ the otherwiseÂ cheekyÂ cheeks.
Happy 2 months.
Daddy said lil b looked scared in the pic.Â Actually I believed he was kinda annoyed being jiggled around by kor kor who was evidently enjoying the opportunity to torture the lil bro.