I have been on blog hiatus for the longest period since I started blogging. Excuse is I’ve been caught up with work and also the whole relocation prep. But today it is special indeed as today Ryan turned 16 months. So, I really want to blog something.
A recap what happened over the last one week plus:
1) Attended the mega blogger meet at Marmalade last Saturday. I was caught up with the mover in the morning and reached there almost an hour late. So sorry. Barbara (she did a super fantastic job as organiser.. next time we know who to nominate when it comes to gathering heh) initiated the gathering in conjunction with Julian’s visit to KL and also my farewell. I’m really sorry about my late arrival. Really really paiseh and thousand apologies.
Ryan and cutie Jayden
All worn out after the gathering
2) The mover company sent 5 staff over to pack and upload our stuff to the lorry. A total of 33 boxes and that will cost hub’s future employer a sum of USDxxxx. Blehh…
Look at the mess in our room itself (there were more mess outside the room)
My FIL cum ‘supervisor’ in the background
4) When we got home from the salon, Ryan was quickly whisked for shower. I did not use the tub as it was intended to be a quickie. He had so much fun enjoying his new found toy (the shower spray) that he refused to come out when we were all done. As it was getting late (with mummy all tired) I scooped him up after wrapping him with towel. The next 10 mins was a ghastly experience. Ryan was so out of control and inconsolable. He was holding on tight to the shower door refusing to let go (he must have got super power strength at that time), wailing and screaming his lungs out. He doesn’t want his yogurt, he refused his apple. He wanted nothing but shower shower. I have not seen Ryan so upset before. Poor baby. In the end, after much pacifying, it was ‘Baby Bright’ that came to rescue. Phew…
Poor baby. Eating his apple while watching Baby Bright here.
5) Ryan vomited once this morning and his body is a little warm today (37.3C) I hope he will be well and will not fall sick. If he does, I will have Daddy to blame and I will be very very very unhappy. Daddy is down with sore throat again (yes AGAIN) and despite my numerous reminders, he kept kissing his beloved son. Arrgghh…
6) Oh.. today Daddy sold off his first wife (Ms Alfa). Kekekeke.. so today I naik pangkat to become his one and only wife. Heehee…
7) Ryan is 16 months today. I don’t think I can do a complete milestone this time. It is getting more and more difficult….. Anyways, at the back of my mind these are some notable development:
- Ryan calls us B. (I think he picked that up from the parents. Blehhh)
- Lately he likes to stick his tongue out
- Called ‘mommy’ (only once… sigh.. ) Other times either Mi or B.
- He will pat-pat his chest when he’s scared (example, when he sees the lizard, he’ll pat- pat his chest)
- Ryan is now able to digest and comprehend the language we speak around the house. He is also able to understand simple bed time stories. Example: Must admit, mommy’s bed time stories mostly comprise of all no head no tail story line (the lights were off and there’s no book to refer ma so mommy would have to make up all the characters and story line all at same time). The stories were all half past six but good enough to cheer my little kulingchingkwai up. Usually I’ll ask “Ryan, do you want to listen to stories?” Ryan [nod, nod, nod]. As I narrate the story, Ryan would giggle and giggle.. and would easily fall asleep after I sing him a few lullabies (part of the story) I like the feeling that my stories are appreciated la..
- Likes to kick the blanket away at night
- Ryan would do the ‘Shhh’ sign when he doesn’t want you to speak about the things he has done.
‘SShhh… please don’t tell Daddy’
I asked nanny to help take some pictures of Ryan during the day.. here goes. The pics were not clear but the fun he had was evident…
Ryan and ‘fei mui’
Nanny, Fei Mui and Ryan